Outpatient Medical Nutrition Therapy
What will Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) do for you?
- Through MNT a Registered Dietitian (RD) will work individually to help you with your nutrition needs.
- A RD will complete a comprehensive nutrition assessment.
- The RD and patient will determine goals, care plan, and interventions.
- Follow-up appointments will assist with behavior and lifestyle changes relative to the nutrition and/or medical related condition/disease (s).
Insurance and Referrals
- A referral from your primary care physician is required for Outpatient MNT at QVMC.
- The referral will include a diagnosis or medical condition requiring nutrition therapy.
- Insurance coverage varies depending on type of insurance and benefit package. Before scheduling a consultation, we encourage you call your insurance company to confirm the extent of your coverage. Some participants may be required to cover the cost themselves.
- Medicare Part B Beneficiaries
- Our outpatient dietitians are Medicare Providers
- Medicare Part B beneficiaries with a diagnosis of diabetes and non-dialysis kidney disease are eligible
- Medicare Part B reimburses three hours of nutrition therapy for the first year and two hours each year afterward
- Once the Medical Nutrition Therapy Referral is received from your physician, you will receive a phone call from our staff to be scheduled.
Preparing for your Visit
- Please bring your medical insurance card and information.
- Any pertinent lab test results.
- List of current medication and nutrition supplements you take.
To contact our office you may call 707-252-4411 x2391.